[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30296: Twenty Fifteen: Better spacing between navigation items and their descriptions.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 9 09:26:19 UTC 2014

#30296: Twenty Fifteen: Better spacing between navigation items and their
descriptions.
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  philiparthurmoore  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 When styles are disabled menu items and their descriptions are flush (see
 image attachment). This proposed patch adds a space between menu items and
 their descriptions. I’ll say outright that I am 100% with this proposal
 being closed, but it feels weird to have no spaces between words like
 that.

 Part of me would even suggest changing `span` to `div` here. The reason is
 because when spans are used there’s no good way to indicate what’s the
 menu item and what’s the menu item description (see image). When a `div`
 is used there’s a line break and so you can both 1) handle the styling via
 CSS but also 2) make sure that when styles are disabled there’s a clear
 visual distinction between menu items and their descriptions.

 What do you think? See the patches for potential improvements.