[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26751: Bust browser cache when building alpha/beta versions and when running from /src

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 29 04:31:28 UTC 2014

#26751: Bust browser cache when building alpha/beta versions and when running from
/src
------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz            |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by nacin):

 "If the version includes a date string, update it" gave me an idea. Rather
 than putting a date string in /src, we should continue to just put SVN
 revision strings, and replace those with a date. So, we'd bump to
 4.0-beta1-src, then package and release 4.0-beta1, then bump to
 4.0-beta1-29000-src, which will be packaged in the nightly as
 4.0-beta1-20140702. I think this will work nicely, yes.

 This has the added benefit of using the same format as auto updates
 already do on the API side, which will reduce the updates from every 12
 hours to once a day.

 Also: the nightly won't change if there weren't any commits that day as
 the grunt task wouldn't have been run on post-commit. (But also, the
 nightly script only runs when it detects there has been a commit.)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26751#comment:12>