[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28251: Twenty Fourteen: Full size image link attribute escaping missing in image template

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 15 15:58:05 UTC 2014

#28251: Twenty Fourteen: Full size image link attribute escaping missing in image
template
-----------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  philiparthurmoore            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by philiparthurmoore):

 Replying to [comment:1 lancewillett]:
 > Thanks Philip. (Fanks!)
 >
 > Two quick thoughts:
 >
 > 1. Can you take a look at all the default themes? My guess is it's not
 escaped everywhere.
 > 2. Should we submit "upstream" to the core function to be escaped by
 default? I think it's a better experience for theme developers '''not'''
 to need to escape core functions.

 Fanks, Lance!

 1. Sure thing, I can take a look first thing tomorrow.
 2. This is a really good point, and it's something that I had to make sure
 of before I submitted this patch (searching to see if
 `wp_get_attachment_url` was already escaped by core). In general I think
 that if the escaping happens within the core functions then all the
 better.

 Would it still make sense to proceed with escaping all-the-things until
 core has taken care of them (plus 2 versions for back compat)?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28251#comment:3>