[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28243: If a static page is used as the "Posts page", the page's metadata is not availible

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 13 18:56:16 UTC 2014

#28243: If a static page is used as the "Posts page", the page's metadata is not
availible
 Reporter:  Kelderic      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Query         |    Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  template      |
 === To Reproduce: ===

 1. Set up a WordPress install.
 2. Create a static page.
 3. In ''Settings -> Reading'', Set "Posts page:" to your created static
 page.
 4. Give your static page any custom metadata.
 5. Attempt to access this metadata via `index.php` using `get_post_meta(
 $post->ID, ... )`

 === Expected Results: ===

 Selected metadata should appear.

 === Actual Results: ===

 No metadata appears.

 === Possible Cause ===

 I think this is because the `$post` is being replaced by all the posts
 which are being displayed. We should be able to grab the actual page's
 metadata though.