[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28183: Widget contents removed from widget areas upon upgrade to 3.9.1 *** URGENT ***

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 8 23:31:49 UTC 2014

#28183: Widget contents removed from widget areas upon upgrade to 3.9.1  ***
URGENT ***
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  toggerybob         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback
 * version:  trunk => 3.9

Comment:

 Huh. We specifically addressed this 3.9 issue in #27897 which was included
 in 3.9.1. Can you confirm that the widgets hadn't gone away already when
 the site had been upgraded to 3.9, but just wasn't noticed? Or did someone
 else do a live preview of another theme right before the upgrade to 3.9.1?
 I just tried downgrading a local install to 3.8.3, modified some widgets,
 and then upgraded to 3.9.1 and the widgets remained intact.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28183#comment:1>