[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25314: A way for plugins/themes outside of the wp repository to provide an update API URL

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 5 17:09:07 UTC 2014

#25314: A way for plugins/themes outside of the wp repository to provide an update
API URL
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  farinspace       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by alexander.rohmann):

 Replying to [comment:7 johnbillion]:
 > This is possible, but it's not very elegant. You need to hook into the
 `http_request_args` and filter out your plugin from the API request. Take
 a look at my [https://github.com/cftp/external-update-api/blob/master
 /external-update-api/euapi.php#L21 External Update API plugin].

 Thanks John! Just took a look, and I really appreciate it! Three rights
 can make a left afterall...

 It would still be nice if we had an extra filter or something so it could
 actually be part of the API, instead of requiring an out of the box
 solution.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25314#comment:8>