[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27491: Widget Customizer: Dynamically-created inputs cause from to replace itself without event to trigger re-initialization

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 28 17:46:35 UTC 2014

#27491: Widget Customizer: Dynamically-created inputs cause from to replace itself
without event to trigger re-initialization
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:6 ocean90]:
 > > Provided an example plugin which incorporates Chosen...
 > Thanks, looks good. But it seems like Chosen isn't usable until the form
 gets updated once.

 Ah, you're right. Newly-added widgets with Chosen aren't working until you
 update, while previously-existing widgets with Chosen are working. There
 is a problem with the deep cloning of widget templates. I'm looking into
 it.

 Replying to [comment:6 ocean90]:
 > Are there any use cases for `widget-sanitary-field` and `widget-
 unsanitary-field`?

 The idea was that these events could be used to toggle an `invalid` class
 on on these fields, to facilitate live indicators of which fields have
 sanitization errors. Upon blurring the field, the value would get updated
 to be the sanitized value, to the `widget-unsanitary-field` could be used
 to warn the user of invalid input.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27491#comment:7>