[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22230: WP adds <br /> before <select even where there is no line break in source code

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 26 16:53:34 UTC 2014

#22230: WP adds <br /> before <select even where there is no line break in source
code
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  chirael                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by DH-Shredder):

 * keywords:  wpautop has-patch needs-testing => wpautop has-patch commit

Comment:

 I ran the unit test and realized it did not pass with the patch applied.

 Noticed this is the case because `<option>` is also in the list of block
 elements.

 In [attachment:22230.3.patch]:
 - Refreshed.
 - Removed `<option>` from the list of block elements.
 - Renamed unit test to reflect the testing of both elements.

 We could also create separate tests for `<select>` and `<option>`, but
 because they'll most often be found together, I think this is fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22230#comment:10>