[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27511: Upper "Select All" checkbox for list of plugins to update on update-core.php does not work on first click

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 25 13:41:25 UTC 2014

#27511: Upper "Select All" checkbox for list of plugins to update on update-
core.php does not work on first click
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  vanjwilson          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install     |    Version:  3.8.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 (Minor annoyance)

 On the admin page:
 {{{
 update-core.php
 }}}
 when there is a list of plugins with Updates Available, the first time you
 click on the "Select All" checkbox, it does not actually affect any of the
 checkboxes in the list.

 The first time it happened, I just thought it might be a one-time or
 install-specific occurrence. Then, I had to update a different Wordpress
 install on the same cPanel server, in a different account. In both cases,
 I went to the equivalent "Select All" checkbox at the bottom of the list,
 and it worked on the first click.

 I then had to do updates on a VPS with a multisite install of Wordpress,
 and again the upper box did not work at first. However, I kept clicking
 it, and after about clicking it on, then off, then on again, the upper
 checkbox started affecting all the checkboxes in the list again.