[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27503: Heartbeat can cause a post slug to be generated while a title is being entered

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 24 20:22:29 UTC 2014

#27503: Heartbeat can cause a post slug to be generated while a title is being
entered
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  nacin         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Autosave      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                |
 It's possible to be in the middle of entering a post's title at the time
 heartbeat runs. When an autosave fires in this context, the callback
 attached to `after-autosave.update-post-slug` fires, resulting in a slug
 edit box.

 Thus a post title of "Autosaving is a cool thing" ended up with a slug of
 "autos".

 This should really only happen if the post title doesn't have the focus.
 I'm not sure what 3.8 behavior was but I believe autosave would only start
 to run when a field lost the focus.