[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26959: Incorporate preview of inserted galleries in the visual editor using a new version of the wpview tinymce plugin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 13 15:14:37 UTC 2014

#26959: Incorporate preview of inserted galleries in the visual editor using a new
version of the wpview tinymce plugin
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  gcorne          |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by gcorne):

 Replying to [comment:15 Greybox]:
 > Thank you for doing this! Please consider showing the thumbnails in
 their original ratio which happens when the thumbnails are not square. For
 example, my thumbnail size in Media Settings is 200 (W) x 400 (H), "Crop
 thumbnail to exact dimensions" is not checked. Very often placement of a
 certain thumbnail within the gallery depends on orientation, and it is
 very difficult if you show a square shape instead of the real shape.

 As demonstrated in the screenshot above, the new gallery preview does
 display thumbnails in their original aspect ratios, although the modal for
 creating and editing the gallery does not. Might be worth changing, but I
 suggest opening a separate ticket to propose that particular enhancement.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26959#comment:16>