[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27347: Widget Customizer: Only Widgets of Child Theme Editable, Parent Theme Widgets Missing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 11 06:23:11 UTC 2014

#27347: Widget Customizer: Only Widgets of Child Theme Editable, Parent Theme
Widgets Missing
 Reporter:  daveshine     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Widgets       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 The Widget Customizer does not recognize the Widgets from the parent
 theme. I've tested with child themes of "Stargazer" (via WordPress.org
 repo) as well as child themes of Genesis Framework.

 This is very confusing as in the Widgets Admin you may have 7 Widget Areas
 but in Customizer maybe only 4 of them.

 ALL widget areas should be populated as in Widgets admin already. Widget
 Customizer should not be dependent of theme/ child theme but dependent of
 the registered areas, obviously.

 Tested with 3.9-alpha-27445 and in latest Firefox and Chrome (Beta)
 browsers.

 I am not sure if #27177 is related here (but that was reported as Widget
 Customizer wasn't in core then...).