[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26626: WP_Upgrader::unpack_package() can overflow path name length limits (patch attached)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 8 01:26:31 UTC 2014

#26626: WP_Upgrader::unpack_package() can overflow path name length limits (patch
attached)
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  DavidAnderson           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 Replying to [comment:5 dd32]:
 > One case that this change would break: Some legacy/older plugins have
 their zip structure without a directory inside (so the files are just
 /plugin.php, instead of /plugin/plugin.php), making this change may break
 plugins in that case which expect their plugin folder to be named the same
 as the plugin itself.

 > The above applies to themes as well as plugin.

 I don't understand how this breaks these legacy plugins: doesn't the patch
 only change the folder used during upgrades?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26626#comment:7>