[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27265: trivial patch to make update form select the "SSH" radio button when FS_METHOD=='ssh2'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Mar 3 20:19:38 UTC 2014

#27265: trivial patch to make update form select the "SSH" radio button when
FS_METHOD=='ssh2'
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jnielsendotnet  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Filesystem API  |    Version:  3.8.1
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Possibly related to #17960.

 I am trying to script a configuration where WordPress can update itself
 and install/update plugins via SSH. All tests are on a freshly installed
 WordPress with a new database. I go through the 5-minute install screen
 then to updates->reinstall now.

 It fails in two different ways depending on the value of FS_METHOD in wp-
 config.php.

 If I set FS_METHOD to "ssh", the form selects the right button but the
 first update/reinstall doesn't work (it never even tries an SSH
 connection). If I set FS_METHOD to "ssh2", the form does not select the
 right button but (if I select it manually) the first update/reinstall does
 work.

 I am attaching a trivial patch that changes 'ssh' to 'ssh2' in two
 comments and one comparison in wp-admin/includes/file.php. With this patch
 everything works as expected with default configured values.