[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26407: Match path with current site's domain before redirecting to current site's domain and path

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 2 04:03:46 UTC 2014

#26407: Match path with current site's domain before redirecting to current site's
domain and path
--------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  codix                           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                     |      Status:  new
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:  dev-feedback needs-patch => dev-feedback needs-patch close

Comment:

 Rereading the original description and the followup, I'm not confident
 this is something we can account for in core. If we receive a request for
 a domain that is invalid, we can't guess at a best replacement. It does
 sound like something that can be handled in `sunrise.php` in the instance
 where networks have been merged together. It almost sounds like a domain
 mapping plugin is in use.

 My previous comment became #27003, which is now in progress. Suggesting we
 close this as wontfix. Please feel free to expand on the thinking here, as
 it's entirely possible I'm missing something.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26407#comment:7>