[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26911: XML-RPC wp.getOptions : post_thumbnail option value is returned as boolean, and not string.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 23 11:05:46 UTC 2014

#26911: XML-RPC wp.getOptions : post_thumbnail option value is returned as boolean,
and not string.
 Reporter:  rvdalen       |       Owner:

Comment (by rvdalen):

 Hi Marko,

 I am using a Haskell library for reading the results, and it has to have
 the same type for all the option values (in my case String).  I think I
 can work around this.  I just thought that it might be a bug and I would
 check that out first because all the other property values are strings.

 Thanks for the quick reply.

 Regards.
 --Rouan

 Replying to [comment:1 markoheijnen]:
 > Hey Rouan, Thanks for your patch but I guess in this case it's more a
 feature then a bug. The problem here is that even if we want to change the
 type that we still can't really fix it without to possible break clients
 that already using it.

 > I do believe that this option is the only one with a boolean value so
 for me this would still work. I'm curious what your issue is with this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26911#comment:2>