[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23336: Sticky Posts lack sanity bounding. If used too much, can severely degrade performance.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 17 23:52:30 UTC 2014

#23336: Sticky Posts lack sanity bounding. If used too much, can severely degrade
performance.
----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by mbijon):

 That's actually a great idea. Do we need a separate list, or could we just
 add a filter at the top of the existing Posts list (/wp-admin/edit.php)?

 OTOH, I think a filter like that is going to have performance problems
 unless we get stickies out of their serialized format. It may also be a
 feature-request that deserves its own ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23336#comment:23>