[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26855: get_blogaddress_by_id used in wp-activate.php limits functionality in MU Domain Mapped Sites

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 17 04:44:42 UTC 2014

#26855: get_blogaddress_by_id used in wp-activate.php limits functionality in MU
Domain Mapped Sites
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  boboudreau             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Replying to [comment:2 boboudreau]:
 > In any case, for '''THIS''' patch in particular it's not necessary to
 look through the 26 instances of `get_blogaddress_by_id()` across 12 files
 to see what they do, just whether or not it's safe to make the change
 '''HERE'''.

 I suggested this before applying the patch as I'm not sure yet why the
 decision to use `get_blogaddress_by_id()` was made. Other instances may
 not be related at all or they could also benefit from the same change to
 `get_site_url()`.

 I'm also trying to think of a scenario where a change to the current
 behavior provided by `get_blogaddress_by_id()` on `wp-activate.php` would
 cause confusion for other projects in production due to a separate filter
 on `get_site_url()` that did not plan on being used here.

 > Unfortunately, in this situation I can't even use that filter, because
 `get_blogaddress_by_id` calls `get_blog_details` with the `$get_all`
 parameter as FALSE, and so the `apply_filter` for `blog_details` is never
 executed.  I'm stuck modifying core no matter what.

 Good point, I completely missed this on the first read through.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26855#comment:3>