[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26830: Featured Content Tag (JetPack installed) gets nulled by updating Settings -> Reading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 14 14:37:13 UTC 2014

#26830: Featured Content Tag (JetPack installed) gets nulled by updating Settings
-> Reading
 Reporter:  wasxxm        |       Owner:

Comment (by markoheijnen):

 If it's because of JetPack then you should report this bug with them so
 they can fix it. You can report it to
 https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/issues.

 But I don't know JetPack that good but this is also a feature of Twenty
 Fourteen. Not sure if you use that as your theme. But they could easily
 conflict with each other.

 If you send in a contribution then you need to create a patch for it. In
 this case your addition would be in the wrong place since it isn't core
 functionality so it should not be in core and it then should use the
 filters. That can be in JetPack or in Twenty Fourteen.

 These links are part of our handbook. They describe how to create a patch
 and our coding standard. You will also find some other useful information.
 http://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/working-with-patches/patches-with-
 command-line/
 http://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/coding-standards/php/

--