[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26830: Featured Content Tag (JetPack installed) gets nulled by updating Settings -> Reading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 14 11:51:57 UTC 2014

#26830: Featured Content Tag (JetPack installed) gets nulled by updating Settings
-> Reading
 Reporter:  wasxxm        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  has-patch
 With the jetpack installed, you can set the tag for Featured Content in
 Appearance -> Customize (Featured Content enabled in theme). Try to set
 tag to something different than "featured" like "featured2". Then go to
 Settings -> Reading and hit 'Save Changes'. Go back to the featured
 content section and you will see the featured content tag has reverted to
 the default 'featured' tag.

 After investigation it, I found out that the problem lies in /wp-
 admin/options.php. On line 128:

 {{{
 $whitelist_options = apply_filters( 'whitelist_options',
 $whitelist_options );
 }}}

 The filter somehow adds 'featured-content' to the array of
 $whitelist_options['reading']. I searched jetpack installation for
 anything which might be adding featured-content option to the whitelist
 but there is none.

 One possible patch is to add this after line 128:

 {{{
 if(($key = array_search('featured-content',
 $whitelist_options['reading'])) !== false) {
     unset($whitelist_options['reading'][$key]);
 }
 }}}

 I hope this helps.