[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20846: Multisite: Network Users can post comments without being members of the site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 11 09:06:58 UTC 2014

#20846: Multisite: Network Users can post comments without being members of the
site
 Reporter:  Ipstenu       |       Owner:
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:  has-patch ux-feedback => ux-feedback
 * priority:  normal => low
 * severity:  normal => minor
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 It makes sense for a user registered on a network to be considered a
 registered user available to all of those sites by default. Registered
 user in this case doesn't necessarily mean that the user has a role. While
 role based comment permissions could be interesting, this is probably best
 left to a filter for the time being.

 Replying to [comment:5 Ipstenu]:
 > Then we should change the language to explain that restricting comments
 to logged in users means network users, and not per site. Right now, it's
 "Users must be registered and logged in to comment"

 Something along these lines is probably the right answer here, though I
 don't think the current language is too far off. A site owner is able to
 at least identify a user somehow.

 Moving to future release for further discussion.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20846#comment:10>