[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 111

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 6 06:11:28 UTC 2014

#24760: Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-settings.php on
line 111
-------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  conner_bw          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by EllyTronic):

 * cc: iwork@… (added)

Comment:

 I just wanted to add in case anyone else comes here from Google looking
 for an answer, I had the same problem and can tell you why you're having
 it -- this is only tested with MU setup for subdomains.

 You'll notice the activation email contains the address of the new site
 followed by /wp-activate.php?key=xxxxxx

 You are also probably running pro sites plugin or some WPMU plugin similar
 to this where a user must do something "special" to activate the site --
 in "Pro Sites" this usually means paying. Thus, because the site isn't
 activated and doesn't yet exist in the DB, $current_blog is null. If you
 have the user follow the link but remove their subdomain from the email,
 it will work just fine.. I'm sure there's a better solution out there, but
 I haven't found it yet. Hopefully this illuminates the problem though, as
 it seems to be a popular one.

 Replying to [ticket:24760 conner_bw]:

 > Getting:
 >
 > ''Creating default object from empty value in wp-includes/ms-
 settings.php on line 111''

 > On MU signups.
 >
 > Line ~111 is:
 >
 > {{{
 > if ( empty( $current_blog->site_id ) )
 >   $current_blog->site_id = 1;
 > }}}
 >
 > Short version: Depending on caching system used, or if some plugin
 "enhances" the signup procedure, $current_blog can be null.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24760#comment:13>