[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26778: Wordpress 3.8 update - visual editor not showing wysywig editor and white text on white background

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 5 23:58:24 UTC 2014

#26778: Wordpress 3.8 update - visual editor not showing wysywig editor and white
text on white background
 Reporter:  marcreck      |       Owner:

Comment (by marcreck):

 Thanks for your reply

 yes inmotion hosting asked me to use cloudflare to alleviate the cpu
 shared server load and address spam attacks. This is all above my level of
 understanding, but cloudflare were the 1st people i asked via support
 about this issue as i have 2 other sites that arent hosted on cloudflare
 and they work fine. Weirdly i also have another on this server which is
 through cloudflare and the visual tab is working as normal. Ive also asked
 inmotion currently in a support ticked and now your good selves. Its
 really frustrating as i dont really understand all this and inmotion and
 cloudflare seem to suggest each other is at fault. My other site
 project.reckorder.com is not even letting me access it also coming up with
 a 522 error and it quite clearly says that their service is working on the
 error screen, and that i need to contact the hosting, but the hosting are
 saying they can see the site fine.

 If i repoint everything away from cloudflare and lose the spam protection
 and the cpu benefits i risk all my sites going down again. Plus it would
 take a while to propogate the dns.

 Is there anything i can use here to inform either side and ask them to do
 something? Are those questions above things that i should ask them to
 check?

 Thanks again for looking into it. Im thinking i should just ditch
 cloudflare and look for some other solution, but it was 3 month of support
 tickets to get them all back up. (i dont have a lot of visitors it was the
 spam attacks which ive know got a config of wordpress plugins installed
 alongside free cloudflare option)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26778#comment:16>