[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27814: Automatic updates should not be silently disabled if I have .hg in file system root

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 15 15:42:11 UTC 2014

#27814: Automatic updates should not be silently disabled if I have .hg in file
system root
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jgehrcke         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnbillion):

 One thing we could do is display more information on the Updates screen
 when automatic updates are disabled. This wasn't done in 3.7 when the auto
 updater was introduced because the feature is intended to be as silent as
 possible.

 In this case, though, it would definitely save some head scratching if a
 message was added to this screen which states automatic updates have been
 disabled when a VCS is detected (and a link to more information).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27814#comment:4>