[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25330: Twenty Fourteen: Filter the home page posts and remove post formatted posts that are visible in the ephemera widgets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 30 23:27:08 UTC 2013

#25330: Twenty Fourteen: Filter the home page posts and remove post formatted posts
that are visible in the ephemera widgets
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  iamtakashi               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by kraftbj):

 The code works great.

 A philosophical question though: Is the point to remove only the post-
 formatted posts actually visible on the page from the main stream, while
 leaving in older post-formatted posts that had "fallen off" the widget?

 Using this on my site currently, I'd expect the main stream not to show
 the post-formatted posts if the widget for that post format exists at all.

 What about changing up the function to, instead of excluding specific post
 IDs that are on display, we add a $query->set based on the formats present
 using the NOT IN operator, which would exclude all posts of a specific
 format if displays via the widget?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25330#comment:6>