[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so broke Wordpress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 17 08:09:51 UTC 2013

#20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so
broke Wordpress
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  gerv                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 Switched to `ABSPATH` and `ABSPATH/index.php` at the last minute, and
 included a fallback/minimum to 0750 and 0640 for dirs and files
 respectively.

 I can think of ways to misconfigure a server to cause this to break, but
 that would most likely cause PHP to break all together in the first
 place.. Lets give this a soak and see if any issues related to permissions
 come up before release.

 We can increase the minimum to 0755 and 0644 if need be (which is what
 they were at previously), but I lowered it to 750/640 so as to accomodate
 those who have no need/want for non-owner/non-group users to have access
 to the files (not a far fetched scenario on shared hosts)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20069#comment:13>