[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25335: Twenty Thirteen - Jetpack Sharing buttons not available on post format gallery

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 16 20:23:15 UTC 2013

#25335: Twenty Thirteen - Jetpack Sharing buttons not available on post format
gallery
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  RDall          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:  needs-patch
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Using the sharing widget of Jet Pack in Twenty Thirteen the sharing widget
 doesn't show under the gallery like it does on all other posts.

 See Post Format Gallery Screenhot: http://cl.ly/image/1B3f2A1A051y
 (It does so on the single post format page, just not the front or search
 pages event though the search pages are clicked.)

 But it does seem to show in Post Format Quote and Page.

 See Screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/0X1t120A360l

 '''Note:''' I did see this on the my own child theme on my own website.
 But I checked it with Twenty Thirteen and it is replicated.

 See [http://wordpress.org/support/topic/sharing-buttons-not-available-on-
 post-format-gallery?replies=2 Forums post] for further info. I first
 though it was Jetpack and not Twenty Thirteen.

 George Stephanis suggests it's due to a ifcheck:

 >Due to the ifcheck you can see there, it looks like the_content() never
 actually fires sometimes. As the sharing buttons tie in via a filter on
 the_content(), that filter would never actually fire.

 http://wordpress.org/support/topic/sharing-buttons-not-available-on-post-
 format-gallery?replies=2#post-4639464