[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so broke Wordpress

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 12 04:36:33 UTC 2013

#20069: Wordpress upgrade process removed executable bits on .php files and so
broke Wordpress
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  gerv             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by dd32):

 > Attachment attachment:20069.diff​ added

 Attempts to work around this issue, by defaulting `FS_CHMOD_DIR` and
 `FS_CHMOD_FILE` to the same permission set as `/wp-includes/` and `/wp-
 load.php` respectively. The `& 0777` is there to limit it to the lower
 permission bits and not the entire filesystem mode settings.

 The only issue i can see is if `fileperms()` returns incorrectly.. in
 which case, part of me wants to suggest that we should at least OR it with
 0640 (R/W by owner, R by group), such as done in attachment:20069.2.diff

 (note: attachment:20069.diff is missing a bracket in the 2nd case, so
 it'll fatal with that patch)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20069#comment:10>