[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23352: Revision changes on post edit screen - add revision count and link to view revisions to publish meta box

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 1 03:35:44 UTC 2013

#23352: Revision changes on post edit screen - add revision count and link to view
revisions to publish meta box
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by nacin):

 I think there is already a lot of data in the Publish box. We do have a
 revisions meta box, but it is hidden by default because it has fairly
 boring/useless output — just dates and names. If it had more metrics or
 visuals to it (as has been discussed, of course), it could be worth making
 it shown by default, or at least the basic count of revisions shown by
 default (with the rest of the box being expanded).

 On the other hand, if the thought is to dissolve the meta box and instead
 have a single Publish meta box linking to revision.php, that's not a
 terrible idea.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23352#comment:1>