[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26660: Twenty Fourteen: Featured Content transients block child themes from overriding the number of FC posts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 31 01:34:19 UTC 2013

#26660: Twenty Fourteen: Featured Content transients block child themes from
overriding the number of FC posts
-------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  kwight                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by obenland):

 Deleting the transient on theme switch indeed solves the issue. We already
 deleted it on customizer views, so that even if you previewed the theme,
 the correct amount of posts would show.

 There is a second bug though. Since we manually define the quantity
 parameter to 6, child themes were not able to increase the amount of
 featured posts by increasing `$max_posts`. They also have to manually
 reset the quantity setting through a filter on `get_option( 'featured-
 content' )`. We should be able to safely remove that parameter since users
 didn't have a possibility to change them.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26660#comment:6>