[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26654: Font rendering is distorted in Firefox/Windows when opening a sidebar submenu.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 16 17:51:22 UTC 2013

#26654: Font rendering is distorted in Firefox/Windows when opening a sidebar
submenu.
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  iammattthomas   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  3.8
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 In Firefox on Windows, hovering over a menu item that opens a submenu
 causes the font rendering to change and become distorted.

 * Happens on both Windows XP and Windows 8
 * With ClearType enabled or disabled
 * With all color schemes (though most obvious on Default and Midnight)
 * Only happens in the toolbar and sidebar (that I can tell)
 * Only in Firefox
 * Only happens on Windows (that I can tell)
 * Only happens to webfonts (Open Sans and Dashicons). Doesn't happen if
 Open Sans is replaced with a system font (so it's not present in earlier
 versions of WP).

 This appears to be a bug specific to Firefox and webfonts, but I'm opening
 a ticket to try to figure out a workaround if possible.