[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26586: Multisite enhancement: Tool to update the parent theme across multiple sites

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 12 21:59:20 UTC 2013

#26586: Multisite enhancement: Tool to update the parent theme across multiple
sites
 Reporter:  yurivictor   |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Multisite    |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 In multisite, say I want to update a bunch of sites to use twentyfourteen
 as a parent theme since twentythirteen is so last year, but I have a child
 theme for all my awesome share tools and adsplosions and super big nav.

 If I change Template in my child theme's style.css to twentyfourteen, like
 so

 {{{
 /**
  * Theme name: Child theme
  * Template: twentyfourteen
  */
 }}}

 It doesn't update to twentyfourteen. It would be nice if it did.

 Instead you have to go to Network Admin and change the template settings
 to twentyfourteen on each site individually. Or write a MySQL script or
 whatever.

 Maybe this is intentional for security or something, but it would still be
 nice to have a tool to update the parent theme across multiple sites.