[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23915: discover_pingback_server_uri cases an error when discovery URI sets multiple Content-type headers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 5 02:17:00 UTC 2013

#23915: discover_pingback_server_uri cases an error when discovery URI sets
multiple Content-type headers
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  tomdxw                 |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch 3.9-early
 * milestone:  3.8 => Future Release

Comment:

 > Alas, in a few other places we use wp_remote_retrieve_header(), we also
 don't expect the array. So maybe punt and fix later. dd32?

 It's not a new thing, and I'm almost certain this isn't the only case that
 can trigger it, I don't think we need to fix this case urgently in 3.8,
 but tagging for 3.9 triage.

 I dislike that the API returns multiple headers as a array (which is
 against the spec technically), but it's what we've got and what WP_HTTP
 users "expect" - strange thing here is that most code (plugins, etc) don't
 expect a array as a header value and break, but some make use of this for
 their own purposes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23915#comment:6>