[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and force using 3rd party login

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Sep 19 11:59:58 UTC 2012

#21924: add action / filter to wp-login.php so we can replace WordPress login and
force using 3rd party login
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  cliffpaulick     |       Type:  feature request
 I want to turn off WordPress login because I don't have an SSL
 certificate. I want to replace (not just hide with CSS or something) the
 WordPress wp-login.php login form so that a plugin can hook into that and
 be called within themes that use the hook to display the WordPress login
 form. Then, if the plugin is disabled, the generic WordPress login will
 display by default/fallback.

 Worst concern about this is the plugin failing, especially upon an update
 or theme change or something and this can be fixed by logging in and
 disabling the plugin via FTP or via database or something.

 (Of course, applies to both "login" and "register", not just "login".)

 What I tried before posting here:
 http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-plugin-to-disable-
 wordpress-default-login?replies=9#post-276574
 and
 http://www.wpquestions.com/question/show/id/7065

 Might be related to:
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19097