[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21775: Twenty Twelve: Full font stack is not applied in Opera and IE 8 when Open Sans is active

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Sep 18 01:39:50 UTC 2012

#21775: Twenty Twelve: Full font stack is not applied in Opera and IE 8 when Open
Sans is active
----------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate
 * milestone:  3.5 =>

Comment:

 This is specific to the combination of Opera and Google Web Fonts. I see
 posts on the web indicating that they don't work well together. Opera
 doesn't have a public bug tracker though.

 I've attached screenshots of Google Web Fonts preview showing the issue
 with invisible characters (mentioned in #21751) in Windows 7, Ubuntu 12,
 and Mac OS X.

 Some mention that the problem appears when system profile path contains
 Cyrillic letters, however this isn't the case on my installs.

 Not sure if we can do something here. Now that #21751 is in, perhaps the
 workaround is for translation teams to disable Open Sans if they have
 problems with it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21775#comment:3>