[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22641: Request: include post_id on media_send_to_editor filter call in wp_ajax_send_attachment_to_editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 29 21:02:02 UTC 2012

#22641: Request: include post_id on media_send_to_editor filter call in
wp_ajax_send_attachment_to_editor
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  adrianhardy  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by adrianhardy):

 Thanks for the quick reply.

 "media_send_to_editor" still doesn't know about the post to which the
 attachment relates though. I'm not using attachment_fields_to_edit to
 actually effect a change on the post or the attachment - that's just a
 means to an end - I'm only using it as a way of transporting data back
 round to media_send_to_editor.

 Without media_send_to_editor knowing about the custom post type, I've no
 way of selectively changing the html sent back to the editor.

 Of course, I could be using the wrong tool completely which is why I'm
 struggling.

 Thanks again. 3.5 looks awesome.

 Adrian

--