[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 29 05:55:10 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by helenyhou):

 We generally stick to having a fallback, which could be a comma separated
 list. Tags/non-hierarchical taxonomies work like that, although it still
 leaves you without knowing what's actually available for use. Not sure
 autocomplete is the right way, though. It doesn't necessarily give you an
 overview of what is or isn't available, and to me isn't really any better
 than freeform text input here.

 I have a suspicion we're throwing UI at something that needs a different
 approach entirely.  Why does this setting need a UI at all?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:17>