[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22308: Require at least PHP Imagick 2.1.1 (Imagick::queryFormats() called statically)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 28 20:20:31 UTC 2012

#22308: Require at least PHP Imagick 2.1.1 (Imagick::queryFormats() called
statically)
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mpvanwinkle77  |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by DH-Shredder):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch

Comment:

 In [attachment:22308.version-check.diff​ 22308.version-check.diff​] Add a
 direct version check.

 Went back and checked through the code again, it does look like we need
 2.2.0 or greater, indeed.

 To test, installed both 2.1.1 and 2.2.0.

 This patch was properly causing the editor to fall back to GD under 2.1.1
 and using Imagick in 2.2.0.

 If we want to get rid of more checks later, we can -- but this patch
 assumes better safe than sorry, in particular because no matter the
 version, the user can compile it with an old version of ImageMagick and
 get rid of some of the functions we need.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22308#comment:22>