[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22308: Require at least PHP Imagick 2.1.1 (Imagick::queryFormats() called statically)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 28 08:24:48 UTC 2012

#22308: Require at least PHP Imagick 2.1.1 (Imagick::queryFormats() called
statically)
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mpvanwinkle77  |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by DH-Shredder):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing dev-feedback => needs-patch
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>
 * severity:  normal => major

Comment:

 Looks like this is still a problem:[[BR]]
 http://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-with-imagemagick-and-media-
 editor

 At the very least, we should have been running:[[BR]]
 ` ! is_callable( array( 'Imagick', 'queryFormats' ) ) or  ! is_callable(
 'Imagick::queryFormats' ) `

 However, it looks like, per the notes, neither of these are sufficient to
 tell whether or not it's statically callable:
 http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.is-callable.php

 A direct version check or possibly ReflectionClass are two potential
 solutions.
 Although the safest at this point would probably be to do a version check
 to 2.1.1 or greater.

 If no one gets to it before me, I'll compile up 2.1.0 in the morning (when
 I'm slightly more awake) to test this further and write up a patch.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22308#comment:21>