[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22598: Not using image_downsize() in wp_prepare_attachment_for_js() can break esoteric usage

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 26 21:31:11 UTC 2012

#22598: Not using image_downsize() in wp_prepare_attachment_for_js() can break
esoteric usage
-------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  nacin  |       Type:  defect (bug)
 If you disable all intermediate image sizes (so no images are created on
 upload), and then create them on the fly using the image_downsize filter
 (say, with a URL that can dynamically create images on the fly), our
 clever use of image metadata in wp_prepare_attachment_for_js() doesn't
 work.

 We need to use image_downsize(). Preliminary patch attached.

 If it is too slow for tons of prepares (and I imagine it may be), we may
 be able to fire the filter only, as long as the size exists in the
 metadata array for cases where the filter is not used.