[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22572: Post content lost when using the browser uploader in the new "Add media" modal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 24 10:00:46 UTC 2012

#22572: Post content lost when using the browser uploader in the new "Add media"
modal
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  Chouby           |       Type:  defect (bug)
 Test done in WP 3.5 RC1

 In the new "Add media" modal, I use the browser uploader instead of the
 default multifile uploader. Unlike in WP 3.4 in which we stayed in the
 modal, here I am redirected to the media library upload.

 I upload the file and get the notice:
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: post_id in /wp-admin/media-new.php on line
 27

 Unlike in WP 3.4, the media is not attached to the post I was editing.

 I come back to the post I was editing, and the content I just typed is
 gone... (as probably the post was not saved before the redirection)