[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21290: Post types continue to be selected after removal from custom taxonomy registration

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 20 16:19:24 UTC 2012

#21290: Post types continue to be selected after removal from custom taxonomy
registration
--------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  jondavidjohn  |       Owner:  jondavidjohn
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by nacin):

 ocean90 reminds me we added get_taxonomies_for_attachments() in 3.5.

 So, if $pt == 'attachment', use get_taxonomies_for_attachments(),
 otherwise use get_object_taxonomies( $pt ). Seems salvageable foe 3.5.

 We should probably introduce get_taxonomies_for_post_type() (or
 _object_type()) at some point later, because having
 get_object_taxonomies() take either a post object or a post type name is
 confusing (and only for it to not work well for the 'attachment' post
 type). Then, get_object_taxonomies() can primarily accept post objects,
 while get_taxonomies_for_post_type() can accept post types. This gets
 weird though, because it isn't obvious whether 'attachment' should auto-
 expand the way _for_attachments() does.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21290#comment:17>