[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22308: [3.5-beta2-22315] Media Uploader throws error on server where Imagick is enabled:

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 13 20:47:15 UTC 2012

#22308: [3.5-beta2-22315] Media Uploader throws error on server where Imagick is
enabled:
--------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mpvanwinkle77                         |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by DH-Shredder):

 * cc: mike.schroder@… (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:11 nacin]:
 > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.pecl.cvs/8475
 >
 > I think we can use `is_callable( 'Imagick', 'queryFormats' )`. However,
 if it is not callable in static context, what do we do? We would have to
 instantiate a bogus Imagick object (we could easily load in a tiny file in
 wp-includes/images if we had to), or use a hard-coded array of the basic
 types (png, jpg, gif) that we know will be supported, or we can actually
 have test() fail and have older versions of Imagick fail.

 Since it was fixed over four years ago, I'm personally fine with just
 requiring "new" versions of Imagick ( >= 2.2.0 ) with the is_callable
 check.  It would definitely be preferred to avoid instantiating an object
 with an image just to check whether the format is supported.

 @mpvanwinkle77 Which version of Imagick and provider are you currently
 using?  Just checking to see, since we wouldn't want to miss a large base
 that has the older version.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22308#comment:16>