[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22308: [3.5-beta2-22315] Media Uploader throws error on server where Imagick is enabled:

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 9 20:16:15 UTC 2012

#22308: [3.5-beta2-22315] Media Uploader throws error on server where Imagick is
enabled:
--------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mpvanwinkle77                         |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by nacin):

 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.php.pecl.cvs/8475

 I think we can use `is_callable( 'Imagick', 'queryFormats' )`. However, if
 it is not callable in static context, what do we do? We would have to
 instantiate a bogus Imagick object (we could easily load in a tiny file in
 wp-includes/images if we had to), or use a hard-coded array of the basic
 types (png, jpg, gif) that we know will be supported, or we can actually
 have test() fail and have older versions of Imagick fail.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22308#comment:11>