[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 1 10:17:53 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by BjornW):

 @helenyhou: I agree the docs should be better, but I also think the UI
 should reflect the limited set of choices. Checkboxes reflect the limited
 options one can choose. Another option could be a multi-select dropdown.
 IMHO text input fields convey a 'free-form' field in which anything may be
 typed into which clearly is not the case. Therefor I would suggest
 something which conveys the limited set of options instead.
 As for label lengths, this should not be a problem since we would only
 display mime-types / file extensions as label, which afaik do not have to
 translated. As roytanck shows in his screenshot the list of checkboxes can
 be made into more or less balanced lists. Perhaps adding a select all &
 reset would make it more userfriendly, similar to selecting multiple
 posts?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:9>