[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not already defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 1 01:18:20 UTC 2012

#22128: Adding upload mimetype in Multisite does not work if mimetype is not
already defined
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:

Comment (by helenyhou):

 I think there could be better docs and language to make it clear that the
 admin option can only really select from a subset of what's available via
 code (and not allow it to save something that doesn't work). A pile of
 checkboxes is probably not the right UI, though - it's slower than typing
 a comma separated list, and leads to all sorts of issues with alignment,
 balance, and label length. I wonder if something like autocomplete would
 work better, even, although it still would require better descriptive text
 as to why you can't just add anything. Definitely agreed that it's
 misleading experience overall and needs some sort of help.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22128#comment:8>