[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20641: DFW editor: horizontal scrollbar appears when inserted image is wider than content width (was: DFW editor: horizontal scrollbar appears when content width is too small)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 30 13:22:56 UTC 2012

#20641: DFW editor: horizontal scrollbar appears when inserted image is wider than
content width
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  hd-J             |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by helenyhou):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch close

Comment:

 I don't see why core should be altering the sizes of images you insert
 into a post just because you're in fullscreen mode. Note that this would
 change the view between regular and fullscreen editing, and may not
 accurately reflect what would happen on the front end if you inserted an
 image wider than the content width. If inserting a large image would
 overflow the layout, the editor should reflect that.

 To me this seems very much something a theme author needs to address, as
 treatment can vary between themes (padding, border, etc.). Twenty Eleven's
 styling is specific to the visual treatment of images and responsive
 nature of the theme, and doesn't apply to all images, either.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20641#comment:8>