[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as expected

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 23 22:51:49 UTC 2012

#20507: 3.4 Preview/Customize page "Return to Manage Themes" link doesn't work as
expected
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  TomAuger      |       Owner:  koopersmith
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by nacin):

 Per http://stackoverflow.com/a/2573589, it is not possible to detect a
 redirect.

 What koopersmith is now working on, is forcing wp_redirect() to return a
 200 along with a Location header, then looking for a Location header,
 testing the target URL, and then either doing a POST (internal or killing
 the link (external).

 There is still going to be an issue with manual header('Location:')'s. We
 can also hook into shutdown and force a 200 there, but it might be after
 headers get sent. I suggested we insert some hidden markup into the iframe
 that can be looked for to ensure the page we got back was generated by the
 customizer. And if not, we know something went wrong and we can send them
 to the home page.

 Other things we may want to consider: Disabling canonical, cron, and
 update checks (especially since active theme reporting will be
 inaccurate).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20507#comment:26>