[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20580: Deprecated Notices break the UI and produce white screen upon Theme activation (3.4-beta3-20634)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 1 02:39:12 UTC 2012

#20580: Deprecated Notices break the UI and produce white screen upon Theme
activation (3.4-beta3-20634)
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  emiluzelac        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Warnings/Notices  |    Version:  3.4
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:  needs-testing
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 This ticket was forked from
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20361#comment:20
 ----
 - WP - (3.4-beta3-20634)
 ----
 When I manually upload the Theme and activate in right away this message
 shows up:

 - Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use
 add_theme_support( 'custom-background', $args ) instead. in /wp-
 includes/functions.php on line 2705
 - Notice: add_custom_image_header is deprecated since version 3.4! Use
 add_theme_support( 'custom-header', $args ) instead. in /wp-
 includes/functions.php on line 2705

 Just to clear something first; the message isn't tied only to Twenty
 Eleven Theme used in this example, any Theme with deprecated functions
 will display.

 Now, we're not talking about "standard" notice where this would show on
 top of the page (just below the admins menu) it breaks the WP completely
 and it creates a white screen with those two notices or more depending on
 deprecated functions and Themes.

 I am using a fresh WP install and beta tester plugin.

 Here's this too http://screencast.com/t/9ceNkTLqriMf

 Thanks,
 Emil