[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style information

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 10 23:17:04 UTC 2012

#13578: wp_link_pages isn't fully functional and doesn't include require style
information
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  brianlayman             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by kobenland):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 Hi there,

 today I had [http://lists.wordpress.org/pipermail/theme-
 reviewers/2012-March/008496.html a conversation with Edward Caissie and
 Chip Bennett] over at the theme-review mailing list about
 `wp_link_pages()` and how to improve the markup rendered or returned by
 this function.

 I prepared a proposal on how we could make `wp_link_pages()` way more
 accessible for theme authors just by the addition of some filters and
 Brian's idea to make the separator overridable. It would be ''awesome'' if
 a member of the dev community could give me feedback on the attached diff.
 Basically I just added the `'separator'` parameter, cleaned up some code
 and made the links as well as the entire output filterable. This would
 probably make this ticket a 'proposal' but I don't feel comfortable (yet)
 to mess around with the properties here too much.

 BTW: When I tested the function I ran into issues with the `$more`
 variable, as it was always `NULL` and prevented the previous/next output
 in my install. It works just fine when I take out all instances of `$more`
 - has anyone else had the same issue?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13578#comment:5>